~Hilltop Farm Forum~

Anything and Everything Poultry, Small Animals, Livestock, Gardening and more. Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets, etc. For Sale And Want Ads. Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your comments or, Or Just Chat!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to ~Hilltop Farm Forum~
Click for events ---> Buy/Sell/Swap/Trade/Shows/Events Click for listings ---> Chicken Swap of Florida
Facebook, Florida Farm Swap Meets (Georgia too now)
Rose Comb Rhode Island White facebook page

Click on images in posts to enlarge

Adverts

Adverts

#1 June-1-2010 4:28:pm

Country Gal
Administrator

What was it???

=prariedog  Last night I almost forgot to turn on the electric fence for my girls. While I was out I found 4 birds outside if their fenced in areas. I out them back into their coop and turned on the fence, walked around to see if any other had gotten out but didn't see any more birds and went back into the house . It was about 10 pm. Well, this morning I woke up and went out to do my chicken chores and found a big pile of feathers behind their coop on the outside of the fences which tell me that I missed someone last night. I followed a trail of feathers but didn't find the body. Today I put a camera up and am recording. If the predator comes back tonight it will be on camera...  :o  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :(

HEY LOOK!!! :< UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events
Pure Single Comb & Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites & Leghorns
Member of the American Poultry Association, Rhode Island Red Club of America
Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association, NPIP Certified Participant

June-1-2010 4:28:pm

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 July-4-2010 2:49:pm

Country Gal
Administrator

Re: What was it???

Had the camera on recording for several nights and saw nothing. The camera is still up but I have turned off the recorder.

Pure Single Comb & Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites & Leghorns

#3 January-1-2011 1:16:pm

becky3086
Not too shy to talk

I have had a big problem with a family of raccoons killing lots and lots of my chickens. I wish I had an electric fence. I keep fixing spots on their pens and they keep finding other ones. I guess I have the remaining chickens in pens they can't get into because I haven't lost any more. I am going to get a trap as soon as I get paid again (2 weeks vacation but not paid =onno )

#4 February-1-2012 11:07:am

john_rambo

hello man becky3086
i hope it  is not a good idea to use Electric fence i hope it can be damage to you or your family so be careful do not do this if you want to save your family or your self i hope you should make  separate place for you chicken to save them it will good idea regards
scavenger hunt ideas

Last edited by john_rambo (February-4-2012 11:09:am)

#5 January-2-2017 2:23:pm

Country Gal
Administrator

john_rambo wrote:

hello man becky3086
i hope it  is not a good idea to use Electric fence i hope it can be damage to you or your family so be careful do not do this if you want to save your family or your self i hope you should make  separate place for you chicken to save them it will good idea regards
scavenger hunt ideas

Since I put up the electric fence I have not lost any birds to predators.

Adverts

Board footer